Switchcraft® is a U.S. manufacturer of connectors, jacks, plugs, molded cable assemblies, patchbays, and switches. Our products are used in a wide variety of industries including medical, GPS, process control, transportation, homeland security, broadcast and pro audio. We are conveniently located on the northwest side of Chicago.
Switchcraft is currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic. This position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of manual, semi-automatic and fully automated production equipment using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments. Candidate must have the ability to set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. Position requires both mechanical aptitude and electrical experience. We are looking for an individual who will be a self starter and be able to work with minimal supervision and adhere to safety rules.
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Requires knowledge and use of basic measuring equipment such as rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Requires electrical experience.
- Requires machine shop skills
- Requires ability to read technical and electrical drawings.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.