Conxall Corporation is a U.S. manufacturer of harsh environment circular connectors, cable assemblies and interconnect solutions. Our products are used in a wide variety of industries including medical, industrial controls, transportation and homeland security. We are located in the near Western suburbs of Chicago and currently have an opening for a Sustaining Engineer. All levels of experience will be considered.
The Sustaining Engineer is responsible for the maintenance, redesign, improvements and general support for existing and products. Successful candidate must be able to work on several projects at one time through changing priorities.
- Research into the history and current state of the product evolution
- Resolution of production and customer concerns
- Implementation of product improvements
- Investigation of new processes and materials
- Producing and maintaining accurate project plans, drawings for components and assemblies, specification documents, design analysis (tolerance, FEA, FMEA), test documentation, product cost estimates, and Bills of Material.
Position is responsible for coordinating engineering activities with purchasing and manufacturing and making recommendations for parts, supplies and tooling. In addition, the Product Design Engineer will be expected to provide technical support to sales/marketing, manufacturing, and purchasing. This position reports to the Sustaining Engineering Manager.
- Design experience with connector and cable products is a plus.
- Mechanical Design Skills.
- Basic understanding of Electrical Engineering skills is a plus.
- Knowledge of plastic and metal materials.
- Understanding of injection molded plastic parts and metal screw machine parts is a plus.
- Experience with 3-D CAD modeling software (SolidWorks preferred) and FEA.
- Understanding of mechanical drawing requirements and proper application of dimensional and tolerance information.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Good project management skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.