Switchcraft/Conxall is a leading supplier of connectivity solutions to a variety of markets in the electronics industry. As a US manufacturer of connectors and cables, Switchcraft/Conxall continues to grow by releasing innovative new products and working directly with OEM design engineers to solve their biggest connectivity challenges.
Currently, we are seeking a Tooling Engineer to join our Conxall team in Villa Park, IL. The Tooling Engineer will design and maintain injection mold tooling and fixture drawings. Inspect incoming mold and mold components and do minor tooling adjustments or repairs. To do well in this role candidate should have previous experience in Mold making, be skilled with Solidworks, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain all Injection mold drawings.
- Conduct routine inspections of incoming tooling.
- Work with Production/Industrial Engineer to create fixtures and gauges.
- Work with Engineering/Sales to quote new tooling.
- Preform secondary machining operations for production parts.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Related degree from a technical college. (Preferred)
- Skilled in the use of Mills, Lathes and Surface Grinders.
- Skilled in the use of Solidworks. (Preferred)
- Ability to take apart and measure injection molds and mold components.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not able to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.