Switchcraft/Conxall is a leading supplier of connectivity solutions to a variety of markets in the electronics industry. As a US manufacturer of connectors and cables, Switchcraft/Conxall continues to grow by releasing innovative new products and working directly with OEM design engineers to solve their biggest connectivity challenges.
Currently, we are seeking a Mold Machine Set-Up person to join our team. A Mold Machine Set-up will work with the mold repair supervisor on moving molds. This person will set-up, operate 10 molding machines, and adjust injection mold machines used to mold plastic materials to specified shape.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- This position assembled mold on press bed of molding machine or bolts matrix of unassembled mold to bed and aligns die (attached to ram) with matrix
- Adjusts stroke of ram, using hand tools. Connects steam, oil or waterline to mold or moves controls to regulate mold temperature
- Sets machine controls to regulate forming pressure of machine and curing time of plastic in mold
- Installs knockout pins in mold, using hand tools
- Starts machine to produce sample products
- Examines samples for defects, such as bumps, bubbles and scratches, and adjusts machine set-up to eliminate defects
- This person will be solely responsible to double check to examine all products to make sure there is no defects.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read
- Must be able follow instructions given by team leader or supervisor
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Vision acuity required
- Strong Gripping capabilities
- Gripping with both hands required, fixtures, occasionally used to hold parts in place
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.