Conxall, located in Villa Park, Illinois, is a manufacturer of custom designed connectors and cable assemblies. We supply highly engineered harsh environment cable assembly products to the industrial, agricultural, lighting, safety, outdoor recreation, and medical industries. Conxall is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team.
The Maintenance Technician works under minimal supervision and will inspect, repair and maintain all machinery, plumbing, physical structures and lights, electric wiring and fixes in accordance with blue prints, manuals, and building codes. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- General knowledge of electrical wiring
- Knowledge of plumbing
- Maintains all machinery
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related degree from a technical college. (Preferred)
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not able to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.