We are currently seeking a highly organized Industrial Engineer that works with the maintenance, engineering, production, and warehousing departments to provide technical expertise, problem solving, work instructions and engineering solutions to the production department to improve product quality.
- Supports the design engineering department by applying production perspective to designs, participating in development activities, coordinating samples, and researching alternative materials and assembly processes for new products.
- Researches, tests, qualifies and implements new factory equipment, particularly for over-molding, cable cutting, and crimping equipment.
- Determines the labor content of each product and populates the enterprise system with process routings.
- Conducts statistical studies of wire pulling, crimping, and assembly processes and must map out strategies for improvement of these processes.
- Conducts experiments on various methods of handling and applying epoxy materials into cable assembly products.
- Looks for ways to drive down product cost and reduce lead time to the customer.
- B.S. degree in engineering, science or technical subject matter preferred. Associates degree or equivalent work experience in technical subject matter is required.
- Two years experience in technical industry supporting production activities is required.
- Experience in designing, supporting, or fabricating cable assemblies preferred.
- Experience in injection molding or plastic over-molding preferred.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills in English is required.
- Bilingual communication in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
This position is located in Chicago, IL
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.